Food Pantries, Schools, & Churches
Our Family & Consumer Sciences Program has tons of FREE resources and programs available for food pantries, schools, and churches. Check out our offerings below.
If you do not find what you are looking for, please reach out to Cassidy Hall at email@example.com or 919-989-5380.
We work with NC State University’s Steps to Health Program to provide:
- Recipe Demonstrations
- Multi-week sessions to help your clients eat healthier & control chronic conditions
- Recipe Cards for distribution
- Assessments and assistance to make your food pantry a healthier environment, promoting healthy foods & choices
- Educational extenders to help your clients succeed at making healthier choices
Schools & Childcare Centers
- Multi-week programs (taste-tests included!) that align with your grade level’s educational competencies (pre-k through 4th-grade programs available)
- Assessment and assistance to promote healthy choices in your schools
- Multi-week nutrition programs for your staff (taste-tests and educational extenders included!)
- Assessment and assistance helping making your church a place that promotes healthier choices
- Multi-week nutrition education programs (taste-tests and multi-week educational extenders included!)….we even have a program that connects faith and health!
- Assistance providing signage and tools that can turn your church into a healthy environment
- We also offer food safety training to prevent outbreaks of foodborne illness at potlucks and fundraising events (learn more about Safe Plates)