Share this Article
Also Coming Up
The North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, Johnston County Soil and Water, and NRCS are inviting all growers to attend the Cover Crop-Soil Health Meeting on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 7:30 AM with a sponsored breakfast. The meeting will be held at the Johnston County Ag Center Auditorium. Pre-registration is required for the meeting. David Lamm, NRCS National Soil Heath Team Leader will discuss Soil Health and Steve Woodruff will discuss how cover crops fit into your row crop and grazing operation. We will also have a field tour so dress appropriately. Please mark your calendar and call the Johnston County Extension Center at (919) 989-5380 to let us know that you are coming.
NC State Extension is hosting an information and discussion session for shared-use facilities, food hubs, commercial kitchens, food entrepreneurs, food processors, etc. The information shared in this workshop will provide clarity in solving the puzzle of food safety regulations in your operation. This session will help demystify the regulatory landscape and provide guidance on how your operation can comply with relevant food safety regulations.
• Foodborne illness outbreaks associated with shared use facilities and food businesses
• Overview of food safety regulatory landscape and specific regulations
• Existing food safety services provided by NC State Extension
• Q & A with representatives from various NC regulatory agencies
Speakers from the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (NCDA&CS) and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) will be featured to provide direct input and answer questions. Speakers include:
• Dr. Ben Chapman (NC State, Food Safety Extension Specialist/Associate Professor)
• Susan Parrish (NCDA & CS)
• Dr. Beth Yongue (NCDA & CS, Director of Meat and Poultry Inspection Division
• Felissa Vasquez (Buncombe County DHHS, Food and Lodging Supervisor)