Virtual 4-H Summer Fun Registration
I am excited to announce that Johnston County will be offering FOUR virtual 4-H Summer Fun programs this summer!
All of our virtual programs will be conducted through Zoom and will be password protected for the protection of our youth.
Summer Fun Program Options
Jr. Master Gardener® program of North Carolina – Wildlife in the Garden
June 15-18, 2020 | 10–11 a.m.
In this four-day program taught by Master Gardener℠ volunteers of Johnston County, youth will learn where animals live in the garden, what they eat, how to keep them safe in the garden, and all about butterflies – their ecosystem and how to make them happy when they are in the garden. Participants in this program will receive a small kit with materials that they will use while participating in the program. Once you register you will receive an email confirmation with information on how to pay and pick up your child’s kit! This program is open to the first 20 youth who register! Registration closes June 8 at 5 p.m.
Drawing 101 – Ways to Improve Your Skills
June 23-25, 2020 | 10–11 a.m.
1. 2 pencils (I highly suggest mechanical pencils with 0.5mm lead, you can get these at any department store like Walmart or Target)
2. A good eraser (your pencil eraser works fine, however, having a separate one helps quite a bit)
3. Good drawing paper (the thinker the paper, the better)
4. A ruler
5. A black pen (try and find the smoothest pen you can find, a brush pen works just as well)
6. Colored pencils (having a wide variety of colors is always helpful. You can also use any other coloring method, like markers, paint, crayons, etc.)
8. A flat surface to draw on (desk, table, floor, etc.)
June 30-July 2, 2020 | 10–11:30 a.m.
Cooking in the Kitchen
July 14-16, 2020 | 10–11:30 a.m.
This 3-day virtual program is a 4-H program specifically for youth who have little to no experience cooking. If this program, youth will learn basic food, nutrition, and culinary skills to prepare recipes they will enjoy during the workshop and be able to prepare at home. They will also learn how to make many delicious and nutritious recipes such as MyPlate pizza, French omelets, and easy cheesy lasagna. Registration closes July 10 at 5 p.m.