Home Food Preservation Online Series
Interested in learning to preserve your own foods? We have the series for you! Each workshop will be held online, but you must participate live. Workshops will not be recorded in order to align with N.C. Cooperative Extension virtual home food preservation recommendations.
Learn to preserve fruits, fruit products such as jam, and acidified foods using a boiling water bath canner. There is more to canning than placing food in a jar and securing a lid. Learn the risks associated with, and the science behind preventing those risks, recipe terminology, and a live demonstration.
- Participants must attend live via Zoom on June 27, 2020, from 10–11:15 a.m.
- Register online by June 25.
Learn to preserve low-acid foods such as vegetables and meats using a pressure canner. Join us to discuss necessary steps and precautions, discover tested recipes, recipe terminology, and a live demonstration.
- Participants must attend live via Zoom on July 11, 2020, from 10–11:15 a.m.
- Register online by July 9.
Does your family love pickles and fermented foods? This workshop is for you! We will discuss the science behind fermentation, safety precautions to eliminate foodborne illness and food spoilage, tested recipe resources, and a live demonstration. This workshop includes information about refrigerator pickles, quick pickles, fermented pickles, and other pickled products.
- Participants must attend live via Zoom on August 8, 2020, from 10–11:15 a.m.
- Register online by August 6.