Healthy Eating Cooking & Nutrition Class: Med Instead of Meds
Is healthy eating part of your 2020 goals? If so, join us for Med Instead of Meds.
Med Instead of Meds is a 6-week cooking and nutrition series that teaches you the basics of healthy eating, meal prep and planning, smart shopping, and making better food decisions.
Know someone with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes? This class will help better manage those conditions through better nutrition!
This course was designed by NC State University Nutrition Specialist, Dr. Carolyn Dunn, in collaboration with Eat Smart Move More and the N.C. Dept. of Public Health, in addition to various medical professionals and dietitians!
Classes include instruction & hands-on cooking along with taste-testing at the end. This series will be held at the Johnston Ag Center (2736 NC 210 Hwy in Smithfield).
- Jan. 14, 5:30–7:30 p.m. – Introduction to the Med way and mindful eating
- Jan. 21, 5:30–7:30 p.m. – Change your protein and meal planning
- Jan. 28, 5:30–7:30 p.m. – Swap your fats/protein and right-sizing your portions
- Feb. 4, 5:30–7:30 p.m. – Eat more fruits and vegetables with mindful eating
- Feb. 11, 5:30–7:30 p.m. – Make your grains whole and label reading
- Feb. 18, 5:30–7:30 p.m. – Rethink your sweets and simple steps for physical activity
Please contact Family & Consumer Sciences Agent, Cassidy Hall, for more details. Cassidy can be reached at cassidy_hall@ ncsu.edu or 919-989-5380.