Citizenship NC Focus Applications Due
Who: 200 North Carolina 4-H youth, ages 14-18, 2 selected by application per county
What: Dynamic learning focused on civic engagement and understanding government
When: Monday, June 10, 10:30–11:30 a.m. – Wednesday, June 12, at 1:30 p.m.
Where: Sheraton Raleigh Hotel in Downtown; Legislative Offices; Raleigh, NC
Why: To inspire engaged citizenship and continued volunteerism among NC youth
Hands-on workshops, panel discussions, distinguished speakers, and open discussion will help you discover how government impacts your everyday life, and how you can impact government in return. You will learn about state government, working with public officials, hear from prominent North Carolina officials, and visit legislators.
Participants are expected to:
- Be at least 14 years old as of January 1, 2019
- Demonstrate interest in citizen involvement and/or local issues
- Have experience and/or interest in speaking before groups of peers
- Take a leadership role in their communities
- Wear business attire during most of the 3-day conference
- Present about the Conference at a County Council Meeting after returning home
What Does It Cost?
Registration fees are $200.00 per youth, $250 per adult, including 2 nights lodging and meals during the conference. The remaining cost is covered by donors and other funding sources. Transportation is provided by the county 4-H office and lodging will be 1 person per bed for youth.
Registrations must be received by Friday, May 3 at noon.