Cooking and Nutrition Series Beginning in September!
Med Instead of Meds is a cooking and nutrition series developed by a group of nutrition and health professionals from NC State University and the NC Division of Public Health. Eating the Med Way (Mediterranean) has been proven to protect against chronic illness. In some cases, eating the Med Way may even result in decreasing medications taken for blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes- that’s why we call it “Med Instead of Meds”. We are passionate about providing people with the information and tools needed to make delicious meals for themselves and their families. We, too, are on this journey with you to transform our eating to the Med Way.
*Check with your health-care professional before changing any prescribed medications.*
There is a pre-registration fee of $40 to cover the cost of ingredients. The fee covers information, materials, and tastings for all six classes. Classes will be held at the Johnston County Agriculture Center in the Demonstration Kitchen. Please download and complete a registration form. Deadline for submission is September 7, 2018.
Classes include instruction and hands-on cooking along with taste-testing at the end. Classes begin at 5:45 p.m. and conclude at 7:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, September 10 – Introduction to the Med way and mindful eating
- Monday, September 17 – Change your protein and meal planning
- Monday, September 24 – Swap your fats and protein and right-sizing your portions
- Monday, October 1 – Eat more fruits and vegetables with mindful eating
- Monday, October 8 – Make your grains whole and label reading
- Monday, October 15 – Rethink your sweets and simple steps for physical activity
For more information, contact Cassidy Hobbs at 919-989-5380 or via email, email@example.com.