NC Safe Plates
Please read below to learn more about Safe Plates. View information about upcoming Safe Plates classes.
A Certification Course for Food Service Operators
An outbreak of foodborne illness can cost your operation more than $75,000. Cases involving death and serious injury can cost much more.
By serving safe food, you can avoid:
- Legal Fees
- Medical Claims
- Employees’ lost wages
- Loss of food supplies that must be discarded
- Bad publicity
- Loss of business income
- Being shut down
NC Safe Plates is a Food Safety Certification course developed by North Carolina State University, certification is provided by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ? This is a comprehensive program for food service managers and supervisory staff in restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, child-care facilities and other food handling establishments who are desiring to meet the NC Food Code requirements for food safety and sanitation.
DO YOU KNOW ?
- A safe and effective way to get rid of pests in your restaurant ?
- The difference between foodborne infections and foodborne intoxications ?
- How acidity, moisture, temperature and time offset the growth of bacteria ?
- What utensils and containers to use to avoid metal poisoning ?
- How to handle modified atmosphere and sous-vide packaged food ?
- The correct endpoint temperatures to cook different meats ?
- Which foods are potentially hazardous and could cause foodborne illness if not handled properly?
These are just a few of the many points that you will learn during training, which will be conducted by experts from North Carolina Cooperative Extension, and the Johnston County Environmental Health Department. You will have the opportunity to ask these experts questions during the presentations.
NC SAFE PLATES TRAINING TOPICS
- Food Purchasing and Receiving
- Preparation and Cooking
- Cooling and Holding
- Personal Hygiene and Employee Health
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Pest Control and Facility Design
- Allergens, Toxins, and Chemical Contamination
Safe Plates is a three day course. Access the registration forms and more information about Safe Plates.
Registration Fee: $125.00 * This fee MUST be paid in advance in order to be registered for the class. Registration fee includes course-book and certification issued by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals.
CERTIFICATION Certification will be provided by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals and will be based upon both successful completion of the course and passing a written examination. A certificate, which can be displayed in your business, will be issued to those receiving certification.