Extension Gardener Classes
The Johnston County Office of North Carolina Cooperative Extension is pleased to offer a series of classes on gardening to the general public. Classes will cover everything from plant biology to plant propagation. Each class is open to the genera public for the small cost of $5.00. We ask that you preregister and pay for each class that you are interested in so we will have enough information and supplies for each person who will be attending the class. The classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Most classes will meet at the Johnston County Agriculture Center, 2736 NC Highway 210, Smithfield, NC 27577. Below is a list of the classes and the dates they are offered. For a brief description of each class look on our county’s Events page.
- February 5, 2015 – Soils and Nutrients
- February 12, 2015 – Weeds and Diseases
- February 19, 2015 – Dealing with Urban Wildlife Issues
- February 26, 2015 – Plant Propagation (will be held at Johnston Community College)
- March 5, 2015 – Insects in the Garden
- March 12, 2015 – Pest Management
- March 19, 2015 – Plant Identification Tips
- March 26, 2015 – Grow What You Eat: Vegetables and Herbs
- April 2, 2015 – Grow What You Eat: Fruits and Berries
- April 9, 2015 – What’s that Turf
- April 16, 2015 – What Does it Take to Design a Landscape?
- April 23, 2015 – Maintaining the Landscape.
If you see a class you are interested in taking you can call 919 989-5380, email email@example.com, or stop by our office. We hope to see you at some of our upcoming classes.